The deadline for GDPR compliance is fast approaching. Are you prepared?
As Clinked works towards ensuring complete compliance with the GDPR, prior to 25th May 2018, we will be keeping this page up to date on our progress. If you have any questions, get in touch at email@example.com.
WHAT IS GDPR?
The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) is a new set of strict privacy regulations introduced by The European Commission. GDPR has been designed to unify data protection regulations across all 28 EU member states and will directly replace the Data Protection Act 1998 (DPA).
WHY IS IT IMPORTANT?
The new regulations apply to any organization who conducts business in the EU, including holding personal data of EU residents, whether the business itself is located within the European Union (EU) or globally.
WHEN IS THE DEADLINE?
Businesses need to comply with the GDPR by May 25th, 2018 or otherwise be faced with fines of up to 20 million euros or 4% of global revenue, whichever is greater.
HOW IS CLINKED PREPARING FOR THE GDPR?
Any organization using Clinked should be assured that we are committed to ensuring compliance with the GDPR well before the effective date and we will also work to assist our customers in fulfilling their own responsibilities.
WHAT ACTIONS ARE WE TAKING?
In the run-up to the GDPR enforcement date, Clinked will be carrying out research into the areas of our product and business that will be impacted by GDPR. We will then be developing requirements for addressing the impact and preparing to implement the changes where necessary. Below is a condensed version of our GDPR roadmap and our progress so far:
- Thoroughly research and record the areas of our product and business that is impacted by GDPR – COMPLETE
- Appoint a Data Protection Officer – COMPLETE
- Make the required changes to our Terms of Service – COMPLETE
- Produce a written Data Processing Agreement for our EU customers – COMPLETE
- Implement the required changes to our internal processes and procedures required to achieve and maintain compliance with GDPR – COMPLETE
- Thoroughly test our changes to confirm compliance with GDPR – COMPLETE
- Confirm our full compliance – COMPLETE
WHAT DO CLINKED CUSTOMERS NEED TO DO?
Depending on your situation; there are two recommendations below that you – as a Clinked customer – can do in order to prepare for the GDPR.
WHAT CHANGES SHOULD HAPPEN?
- EU customers will likely want a Data Processing Agreement with Clinked. You can find ours here, however, we can provide a signed version at your request.