Lock Files To Prevent Duplicate Editing
Make sure no one removes or edits files you are working on. You can “lock” a file while making changes, and “unlock” it when you have saved or uploaded an updated version.
Other members can still view a locked file, but cannot make modifications or delete it until unlocked.
File Locking Process In Clinked
- Go to the file and change its setting to “Lock file”.
- Download the file to make required changes.
- Before uploading a new version, “Unlock” the locked file in the file settings.
- Upload the new version. The replaced version will now be accessible via the File version control.
Secure Wiki Page Editing
- Start making content updates on an existing wiki page.
- If additional editors enter the same page in edit mode, all editors will be warned that others are editing.
- When one editor saves the page, the other editors will be told that a new page version has been saved.
- If other editors save the same page, the latest saved version will be published.
- Previous versions can be accessed, compared and restored from the version control manager.